Saturday, April 4, 2009

Holy Communion by Mykola Dementiuk




Fantastic and Informative Read
5 Stars

Reviewed by Carol Hoyer, PhD for Synergy Press

This was one of the most informative books I have read about sexual abuse, the Catholic Church and growing up in a gay-lesbian world.

The author, through his own prospective gives readers hidden information that goes on in a life of absent parents, first sexual encounters and not trusting those who should be guiding us.

I found the author’s words were passionate and compelling. Many do not understand this world and are not forgiving of those who have this life. Although I have had many discussions with individuals who choose this life, never have I thought about how it comes to be.

I felt as if the author were talking to me and giving me more insight into his world and thoughts. The passion in his voice talking about all who had taken advantage of him and at the same time the feelings he felt while trying to figure out who he was were quite informative.

It is quite interesting in how we seek what we want most – love. I have recommended this book to my Psychology students so they have a better insight into this world. We all seek love and attention, and if we don’t have the correct information, we make bad assumptions.

The author gives us answers to so many questions and an insight into his world. I felt it must have been a great journey of searching and putting his life in perspective.

No comments: